Refrigerant and Specialty Gases industry : Company requires the services of an Operator/ Maintenance Assistant reporting to the Warehouse and Distribution Manager. Situated in Spartan, Kempton Park we are a quality driven company that prides itself on its high work standards and customer focused approach.
We need someone ideally with a qualification like Mechanical Fitting and who has done in-service training with a relevant company. The position would best suit an up and coming youngster who is keen to learn and develop and grow with the business.
The position relies on the candidate having had some work experience and being trained to do maintenance.
- Valid Forklift licence
- Valid Driver’s license
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ plus practical hands on maintenance experience
- Technical ability
- Exposure to Health & Safety rules & regulations
- Ability to prioritize
- Moderate computer skills using Excel, Outlook & Word
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Assisting with warehousing (receipt and dispatching of products)
- Filling of and recovery from cylinders
- Cylinder/drum and pallet preparation
- Attending to breakdowns (minor repairs e.g. Hose replacement, pump seals etc.)
- Warehouse & general maintenance
- Routine and scheduled maintenance
- Maintaining & re-ordering critical spares required
- Identifying near misses & assisting with corrective action
- Delivering & collecting parts and/or cylinders
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm with occasional Saturdays as required.
Abilities & behavioural attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and hands on approach
- Ability to make clear and concise decisions
- Adapting & responding to change
- Team and performance driven
- Detail oriented
- Safety focused
- High energy levels (physically & mentally)
- Ability to adapt to new concepts and systems
- Excellent comprehension skills
Send CV’s and supporting documentation to email@example.com.