- Temporary and/or contractual staffing solutions
- Effective staff recruitment & selection
- Qualified HR and IR support services
- Payroll processing & legislative support
- Accredited safety site management & training
- Flexibility & responsiveness
- 24hour/7day availability
The above provides you with peace of mind, allowing you time to sharpen your core function
and increase your competitive edge.
Outsourcing is not just about staffing, it is about an effective business solution. While our
services include the supply of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled staffing, we pursue a
strategic partnership with our clients where we can go beyond the mere supply of labour.
SKILLS was established in 1994, and has been operating nationally for more than 19 years.
Our Code of Ethics & Business Conduct
SKILLS believe that ethical conduct requires more than compliance with the laws, rules and
regulations that govern our business. We are a company that values teamwork, sets team
goals and embraces diversity and shares leadership. We acknowledge our people to be our
most valuable asset.
As an organization we are deeply committed to excellence and pursue superior performance
in every activity. We are sensitive to the diverse social and cultural ethos at all of our
localities throughout South Africa.
Our Quality Statement
SKILLS endeavours to provide our clients with quality services in the supply and comanagement
of staff, including supervision & site management, HR, IR, payroll, safety
management and training.
We constantly strive towards never ending improvement, skills development, a safe
working environment and the prevention of errors, while optimizing cost effectiveness.
Clientele Industries Served
Chemical / Construction / Distribution / FMCG / Fuel / National Parks / Recycling / Road
Transport / Warehousing
Scope of Services
Temporary and Contractual Staffing Solutions
- Admin, office & accounts staff
- Warehousing & distribution staff
- Forklift operators
- Drivers & Van assistants
- General labour
This service includes the full functions of HR, IR, payroll and safety management for all staffing
supplied to our clients.
Qualified HR & IR Support Services
- HR documentation
- HR policies & procedures
- Disciplinary / corrective actions
- Skills development facilitator
- Statutory returns & reconciliations
Payroll Processing & Legislative Support
- Weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthlypayroll preparation
- Electronic wage/salary transfers
- Garnishee management
- Monthly PAYE/UIF/SDL submissions
- WSP & ATR reports
- Employment equity report
- COIDA annual report
Accredited Safety Management and Training
- Site safety inspections
- Incident/accident investigations
- PPE supervision
- Safety awareness training
- Forklift training
- First aid & fire awareness training
Our Competitive Edge
PASSION TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Resident in our management team are qualified persons who are passionate leaders, having many years experience in people management and development.
- Experience in the development of SME business skills over a wide spectrum of industries.
- Our commitment to impacting positively on our communities by providing opportunity for upliftment and employment.
PASSION TO UPHOLD HIGH STANDARDS
- Our offices are housed in the training centres of our sister divisions, SKILLS SAFETY & TRAINING, giving us direct access to training facilities and safety expertise.
- We access the following training programmes when applicable: life skills, personal finance, basic business skills, supervisor, safety awareness, first aid, fire fighting, safety rep, forklift/crane operators, drivers, incident investigation and dangerous goods transportation / handling.
- Access to accredited training programs allows us to train new recruits to meet our standard and the client’s employment standard regarding workplace legislation.
- Ability to tailor make training interventions to meet client’s specific needs.
- Internal training facilities and other equipment is available to ensure comprehensive assessments in line with our commitment to standards and upliftment.
PASSION TO MEET LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Our registration with the Department of Labour and the South African Revenue Services ensures peace of mind.
- Our compliance to the Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Compensation for Occupational Injuries & Deseases Act allows for all your outsourced staffing and payroll legislative matters to be taken care of by SKILLS.
PASSION TO BE FLEXIBLE & RESPONSIVE
- Our experience within a cross-field of economic sectors has enabled us to develop a depth and ability to tailor interventions for most applications.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Our Safety Philosophy
South Africa and the world are fast becoming more safety conscious. We therefore partner with our clients to create and maintain safe workplaces for our staff by providing the following:
- Site risk assessments & audits
- Regular safety inspections
- Site safety management
- Safety awareness/rep, first aid, fire awareness and dangerous goods training
Further, our site supervisors are also educated in safety supervision, hazard identification, risk assessment and incident investigation in order to ensure continual workplace safety.
SKILLS believes that the combination of the aspects above will have a direct impact on the productivity of our staff; reduce incidents and down time; and therefore have a positive effect on our clients’ profitability.