Workplace stress can happen at any level within your business, from the warehouse staff to the top management. Nearly 40 percent of management hired from outside the company are out the door after only 18 months, and only 60% reach their fourth anniversary.
Companies that regularly focusses on the employee is more likely to achieve their goals and have motivated staff. Studies show the power of combining an ethos of self-motivation, personal care with strategic investment in leadership, motivation, and goal setting programs; based on decades of data, studies found that positive employee well-being yielded a successful return in revenue and goal achievements.
Simply put, employee motivation and wellness is fantastic for your business.
Employee motivation and wellness is a culture, and the initiation of that culture starts at the very top. Top management who set the wrong example – who are workaholics or apply undue pressure to staff – often degrade morale and increase levels of stress, which in turn diminishes employee happiness and performance. On the other hand, leaders who manoeuvre between sessions of intensified performance and calculated recovery – who recognize and reward excellence and offer regular support and encouragement – are more likely to produce higher positivity, productivity and profit, because their employees are more recognised for their efforts and are more motivated.
Companies that place a strategic focus on developing leadership talents that value the employee’s mindset may see less stressed out staff and, in turn, improve retention, quenching the heavy costs of replacing valued personnel. When it comes to employee care and motivation, the top management must take full ownership and lead by example.
How can leaders begin – and manage – a company culture that is physically, emotionally and purposefully well?
Here are some key principles:
- Be four-dimensional. Build and sustain energy physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- ‘Training’ stress is good, whether in the gym, at the desk or at home. Healthy stress creates growth, but then we must give ourselves the time to rest. World-class performers are world-class at recovery.
- The right mindset. Leaders must choose to have the right attitude towards themselves, their company and their lives. Choosing kindness and gratefulness not only helps us get along well with others; it can also give us peace of mind and a happy heart.
- Focus. Being present in the moment shows others we care and elevates our productivity.
- Be Purposeful: Human beings are deeply motivated by a mission, and companies are the same. Great leaders coach individuals and teams to connect with purpose, an end goal.
There are tons of management training programs out there. Take the proper approach and focus on the human performance through a healthy mindset. By using a proper development program, you can enable leaders to perform at their very best and live their most meaningful lives within your company, in turn, giving you leaders and teams motivated and willing to go the extra mile towards your daily, monthly, and yearly objectives.
For more information on our Business & Personal Development Courses, please visit the training section on our website.